COURSE RE-OPENING NEWS
Monday 4th January 2021: Following this evenings announcement, it is with a heavy heart to publish that the golf course will be closed for the foreseeable future. We will work closely with England Golf and wait for further announcements from the government to see when we can return. Until then, we hope all of our members stay safe during these uncertain times. See you all hopefully very soon
Thursday 31st December 2020 :
In response to the latest news that Tier 4 restrictions will come into force, the following has been implemented with immediate effect.
1. All BRS timesheets from Jan 1st 2021 to Jan 15th 2021 have been cleared and reset at 7 minute intervals.
2. Options for members booking on BRS are as follows:
A. Individual Player
B. 2-balls from same or different households
C. No visitors or guests will be allowed. Guest will still be an option on the App but please do not use it.
3. Three or fourballs are allowed for people from the same household/bubble only.
A request to add 3rd or 4th names must be made via email/text to email@example.com or 0771 888 3945. Please state time and full name(s) to add.
4. Tee times for Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd January will open at 8pm tonight, from tomorrow night at 6pm Sunday 3rd Jan tee times will open and from then on tee times will only be available from 6pm daily only 3 days in advance, at least until 15th January when the next review is due to take place.
5. Clubhouse bar/lounge will remain closed. Toilet facilities will be available as before when the course in open for play.
South Moor Golf Club will continue to work within the guidelines given by England Golf and the Government.
We ask all members to respect those rules also.
Tee booking will be mandatory through the BRS system and if you are booking a tee and are unable to play then please use the system to cancel that booking. If not, you are denying another player/visitor the opportunity of that time slot. We are reviewing the tee remotely through the camera system and have noticed this trend increasing recently. Any issues with booking/cancelling please contact Albert on 0771 888 3945.
Bunkers :- when in play the following rules apply : Mark your ball
Take a preferred lie within 6 inches
Place your ball, don’t drop
Play your shot
Clean bunker with your feet on exit
Greens: Do not touch the flag, leave it in the hole. Cups are upside down in hole, to minimise hand contact.
Practice Areas:- We are reopening the practice area in a strictly limited capacity. Please be aware that only the grassed areas can be used and ONLY 4 persons at any one time can be allowed beyond the gates. Players are asked to collect and remove all of the balls they use wearing a glove to pick them up in case any have been missed by the previous players. We ask that members observe these conditions and also following social distancing guidelines at all times.
Professional Shop:- From Friday 24th July 2020, it will be mandatory for a face covering to be worn on entering the Professional Shop at South Moor Golf Club. Please note that there are no ‘exceptions’ to this rule for any reason until further guidance is issued from the Government.
Please abide by the following rules :-
Social distancing rules must be strictly adhered to at all times.
1. Book your tee time up to 3 days in advance through BRS App or website ONLY. Similarly in 2 or 3 or 4 balls enter ALL names to confirm your game. Can we also stress that if you book a tee time, then don’t require it, please cancel it, and allow somebody else to play.
2. Under new government rules, the following groupings will be permitted upon resumption of play:
• Individuals playing golf on their own.
• Two balls comprising of individuals from different households. Three or fourballs are allowed for people from the same household/bubble only.
3. Arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your booked tee time.
4. Go straight to tee, walking in front of clubhouse, await your turn and play.
5. Once finished, exit above 18th green, put your equipment into car, and leave, no waiting for friends etc…
Locker Rooms:- From Saturday 25th July 2020, members will be able to use the locker rooms for storage of their equipment only, changes of clothing is still not permitted. Please do not touch any other locker except your own.
Bar and lounge:- Closed
Toilets used will be :-
Male- locker room toilets or disabled toilet at entrance to clubhouse.
Ladies – locker room toilets.
Facilities Unavailable :-
All litter bins will be covered up, please take your rubbish home.
Other Rules :-
We expect tee usage on an evening, and weekend to be really heavy, you will be limited to booking 1 group only, no sweeps will be pre-booked.
On course we will have rangers, to check membership is valid, and making sure distance rules are being adhered to.
The message we would like to get across is these rules are in place for a reason, and we HAVE to abide by them.
Anybody flouting them will be asked to immediately leave the course, and their membership reviewed.
Club is also invoking a code of conduct for members, with a discipline code as part of it. This will be posted around the clubhouse as soon as possible.
Actions like these could lead to the course being closed again, we have to treat this seriously.
In time we would expect some of the rules above would start to be relaxed, we will be in contact, once we receive further information.
Government Guidance :-
The Link to the Official Website is:- https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Organisations have come together to help golf in the UK during the COVID-19 crisis and, through the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Golf, to work with Government to promote safe golf: